India suspends all future tours with West Indies

India suspends all future tours with West Indies

The Indian cricket board suspended all future tours with West Indies on Tuesday, and said it will take legal action against the Caribbean board for their team’s abrupt pullout from their India tour last week.

“BCCI will initiate legal proceedings against West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) due to the abrupt cancellation of this tour,” Indian cricket board secretary Sanjay Patel said in a statement.

“All bilateral tours between BCCI and WICB stand suspended,” he added after the board’s working committee meeting in Hyderabad on Tuesday.

India suspends all future tours with West Indies

The tourists abandoned the series after Friday’s fourth one-dayer, with another one-dayer, a Twenty20 international and three test matches left to play, over a protracted payment dispute between the players and their board.

To fill the void, the BCCI swiftly arranged a five-match One Day International series with Sri Lanka next month.

“The members appreciated the gesture of the Sri Lankan Cricket Board for having accepted our request to play 5 ODIs starting from 2nd of November 2014, at such a short notice,” Patel said.

Cricknock Staff
Cricket Knock is the ultimate source of cricket news and information. Visit our blog to get treated with finest and exclusive cricket content including humour, rumours, gossips, videos, pictures and more. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
http://cricknock.com