Pakistan’s white-ball vice-captain Shadab Khan is now the second-highest wicket-taker for Pakistan in T20Is.
The 24-year-old Khan reached this milestone today against New Zealand in the ongoing tri-nation series by dismissing Finn Allen, who hit 62 off 42 deliveries to win the match.
With this wicket, Shadab Khan has 86 wickets in 76 T20I matches, surpassing joint wicket-takers Umar Gul and Saeed Ajmal, who both had 85 wickets in their careers.
With 98 wickets in 99 matches, Pakistan’s legendary all-rounder Shahid Afridi currently leads the T20I wicket tally.
Pakistan’s top five T20I wicket-takers
- Shahid Afridi has taken 97 wickets.
- Shadab Khan has taken 86 wickets.
- Umar Gul has taken 85 wickets.
- Saeed Ajmal has taken 85 wickets.
- Haris Rauf has taken 62 wickets.